- 1 1: Go to avepdf.com and select the Split PDF widget from the drop-down menu.
- 2 2: Upload your PDF document from your computer.
- 3 3: Select your mode
- 4 Why should you split your files with AvePDF?
How to Split a PDF File Into Individual PDF Files Splitting or extracting pages from a PDF online is useful in a variety of situations. Using an online application instead of downloading software on your computer makes this task incredibly simple and convenient, especially on a mobile device.
There have been numerous occasions when you wished you could split a large PDF file. Consider the following example:
- You don’t want to disclose some of the information in it.
- Only specified or important chapters of a book or paper should be kept.
- Because scanning all of your papers at once saves time, you now need to split the resulting file into numerous separate documents.
You also don’t want to merely download any external software to split your papers because you don’t want to risk getting malware. You may also be unsure whether the software will work with your device or operating system.
Let’s look at how to split your pages into separate PDF files with AvePDF in a few simple steps.
You can view the video or read the transcript below for your convenience.
Visit our website at avepdf.com or go straight to the Split PDF tool by clicking here.
If you go to our home page, you’ll see the Split tool under the Organize section.
2: Upload your PDF document from your computer.
Upload (or drag and drop) your PDF file from your device or from your cloud storage account (Google Drive, Dropbox).
You will have two options for the following stage.
- You can split your document into a set number of files using the Simple method.
- The Advanced mode allows you to manually select multiple pages to be split.
Let’s start with the Basic mode.
3: Select your mode
Simple mode for splitting PDFs
Do you need to split your PDF files into a specific number of files (for example, every two pages)? Your first choice will be the Simple.
Indicate the number of pages per split that you desire.
For example, suppose you have a three-page document that you need to split into two files, with the first two pages in a single file.
You’ll type “2” in the “Number of pages per split” box.
Then select Split from the drop-down menu.
Advanced mode for splitting PDFs
You can choose the number of pages you want to divide manually in Advanced mode. This mode is very useful if you need to separate documents scanned in batches of varying lengths.
Select the pages that you want to have in your final document.
To begin a new selection of files to extract, click the “+” button if necessary.
Then select Split from the drop-down menu.
4. Save your split PDF files to your computer.
Congrats! Your PDF file was successfully divided. You can now save your new documents to your computer (in a zip file) or directly to your favorite cloud storage services like Google Drive or Dropbox.
Remember that after 30 minutes, all documents produced with AvePDF are automatically destroyed from our systems.
You can also delete them manually by clicking the bin symbol after they’ve been processed.
That concludes our discussion. You’ve completed the task.
Why should you split your files with AvePDF?
- Processing time is short. Your papers are processed on strong servers.
- Your information is safe with us since we immediately destroy your documents after 30 minutes.
- 100% Free – Use our tools without any advertising for free!
- Your processed files will not have a watermark.
- There’s no need to install any software because AvePDF does everything online.
You can also use AvePDF to organize and edit your PDFs and electronic documents with unrestricted access to more than 50 online tools. You may Hyper-compress your PDF, Crop your PDF, Convert to PDF/A, Merge your PDF, and much more with our top tools.
Before we wind up, I’d want to make a few observations.
If you just want to remove or extract pages from a document, we have precisely the tools for you:
To choose selected pages from a PDF and save them as a new file, use Extract PDF Pages.
Remove pages from a PDF to pick and delete pages in a new file.
When you split our PDF documents, the folder’s total size may grow.
Check out our Hyper-compress program if you want to compress your files without sacrificing quality.
It has the ability to minimize the size of your files by up to 99 percent!
Furthermore, you will help to reduce the document’s carbon imprint and preserve our world! On our page about Hyper-compression, you may learn more about it.
Finally, if you split your files incorrectly and wish to join part of them back together, see our article on how to merge your files into a PDF.