- 1 How to Convert XPS/OXPS to PDF With novaPDF?
- 1.1 Convert XPS/OXPS to PDF with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge Using the integrated open source XPS/OXPS
- 1.2 Using Windows’ XPS Viewer, convert XPS/OXPS to PDF.
- 1.3 XPS/OXPS vs. PDF
- 1.4 Advantages of the PDF format include:
- 1.5 Disadvantages of PDF format:
- 1.6 XPS/OXPS format advantages:
- 1.7 Disadvantages of the XPS/OXPS format:
Converting XPS to PDF is simple. The best technique to convert XPS files to PDF for printing, sharing, and presenting is outlined in this article.
An XPS file describes the structure, organization, and presentation of a document. These files are used in the Windows Office suite of products to send a document to an XPS viewer so that you can preview how it will print. Simply print to PDF and then save XPS files to use them outside of Office apps.
What is the best way to convert XPS to PDF?
It’s straightforward to convert a document from XPS to PDF if you’re using the XPS format. The “print to PDF” option in the Windows Office Suite will effortlessly manage the XPS to PDF conversion procedure.
To convert your XPS files to PDF, simply follow these simple steps:
- Click File in the XPS view program, then Print from the drop-down menu.
- In the dialog box, choose Microsoft Print to PDF.
- Press the Print button.
- Choose where you want your new PDF to be saved.
For exchanging, sharing, and displaying business papers, PDF has become the industry standard. Your XPS files can be shared, kept, and integrated with other documents safely and confidently once they’ve been saved as a PDF. Convert them to PDF to make them compatible with almost all other software.
Take a look at what else Adobe Acrobat DC can do for you when it comes to working with, signing, and sharing PDFs.
How to Convert XPS/OXPS to PDF With novaPDF?
This tutorial demonstrates how to convert an XPS/OXPS file to a PDF document using novaPDF. novaPDF is a PDF converter that lets you create PDF files from any Windows program that can print. If you don’t already have novaPDF installed, go to the Download page to get it.
XPS/OXPS (XML Paper Specification) is a Microsoft-developed fixed file format that is similar to PDF but uses XML instead of PostScript. You can quickly convert XPS/OXPS files to PDF documents by installing novaPDF. Simply press the Print button after selecting novaPDF as your printer, and your XPS/OXPS document will be converted to a PDF.
Convert XPS/OXPS to PDF with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge Using the integrated open source XPS/OXPS
Viewer plugin, XPS/OXPS documents can be converted to PDF files directly from Microsoft Edge/Internet Explorer.
To convert XPS/OXPS files to PDF in Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge, follow these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge and go to the Gear->File->Save As menu.
- Open the XPS/OXPS file you wish to convert to PDF and choose it (or drag the file and drop it in the Internet Explorer window)
- Once the program is open, go to Menu Gear->File->Print, or right-click on any page and choose Print (or press Ctrl+P). Choose novaPDF from the Select Printer option and click Print. When you click OK, you’ll be asked where you want to save the PDF document, and the PDF will be created and saved.
Using Windows’ XPS Viewer, convert XPS/OXPS to PDF.
Microsoft XPS Viewer is a free program that comes pre-installed on Windows 7/8/10 that can be used to open and print XPS/OXPS files to PDF.
To convert XPS/OXPS to PDF using Microsoft XPS Viewer, follow these steps:
- Open XPS Viewer (click the Windows button and type XPS Viewer to open it in Windows 8/10).
- Select the XPS/OXPS file you want to convert to PDF from File->Open (or use Ctrl+O), select it, and click Open.
- Choose novaPDF from the Select Printer section of File->Print (or press Ctrl+P). By utilizing the Preferences option before creating the PDF file, you can change novaPDF’s settings.
- Choose a location for the PDF document to be saved by clicking Print.